It's never going to happen...

I really thought I was pregnant this month..I was late on my period, and in the 11 years I've menstruated I've never been late..ever..it took no time to conceive our first,..I had mirena out in march and we've been ttc ever since..6 months later and still nothing. I'm devastated that I got my period today..I'm not stressed about getting pregnant and we're approaching it as it'll happen when it happens..but I don't understand why it hasn't happened yet..any encouraging words or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• have u tried eating all organic foods for 60 days..
    also check on line there is a prayer to the Goddess of fertillity i hear ppl have been know to pray to..
    if its meant to be it will be..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I tried for 3 years and thought I felt the same way.. it was "officially"when we gave up triyng that we got pregnant.. i sworei wasn't stressing it also and had the :" if it happens, it happens" attitiude also but still at the same tjme would cry every 3-4 months that it wasn't happening.. hang in there mommy....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It can take up to 18 months to get pregnant after an iud.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Stop thinking about it all the time. Sorry if that sounds rude or mean! I just mean, you know how sometimes if you forget what you're going to say to someone and you keep stressing trying to figure it out and can't, but as soon as you stop thinking about it, you remember? That's what I mean. Just focus on the two of you when you're in the bedroom and try to put TTC out of your mind for a while. It will probably happen when you least expect it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If your devestated, you are stressed, you may try and keep that approach and be tough for your husband, After BC it can take some woman a year or more to get pregnant. If you are concerned talk to your OB and see if there is anything to speed up the process. Once you stop stressing and relax, it will happen :-) Have fun and good luck.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It can take up to a year to get pregnant after stopping BC. I have the mirena in!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Most doctors would tell you that you should try for a year and then come in for testing if nothing happens. My Husband and I tried for around 3 years with the same attitude (it will happen when it happens). My circumstances were much different though. I have PCOS and once I was finally diagnosed I was able to start clomid (first line of fertility drugs) and got pregnant by the third month of taking it.

I would say there could be several causes for not being pregnant by now...First, I've heard that it can take up to a year after stopping birth control to conceive...Second, unless you are doing it like rabbits you could be missing your fertile time of the month..Third, maybe baby two doesn't want to be in your tummy until next year (sometimes there is no tangible explanation, but I bet you are pregnant by next year). Don't give up, just focus on other things for the next few months. Good Luck!
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Have you tried Charting? Have you ever used Taking Charge Of Your Fertility Software? It really is wonderful. It is what helped me get pregnant. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• try taken prenatal vitamins my doc gave me some wen trying tc my second child n a extra folic acid vitamin n kid u not i was prego in about 3 mnths it worked for me n it worked for my sister our kids are 5 mnths apart....good luck
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

Chart, chart, chart
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2010