How do you know your not mentally ill?

I'm a sensitive,emotional person,because I get hurt easily I think I might be mentally ill because I think people don't like me,if they look at me a certain way,do you think I am?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How do I know? I don't. But I really don't care either way.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think it is normal for every one to have some level of anxiety when dealing with people. I know I get affraid too...but if it something that interupts or causes severe distress in your life speak with a mental health care provider.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Probably not, maybe you are just insecure. Now, if you hear voices or are suicidal, then you're mentally ill. Talk to your doc if you are really worried about it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When you are mentally ill it is something that interfers with the quality of your life and your relationships in your life. are you have issues getting old with family, friends, outbursts and anger? are you able to function day to day? these are all things to ask yourself. if you are questioning it that is enough right there to say go get evaluated.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• most mentally ill dont usually know or believe they are...but u sound like u just have anxiety issues...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think if you have to ask, you're probably NOT mentally ill. ;-)
    I agree, though, if you are experiencing a high level of anxiety over stuff that other people don't seem to get bothered by, talk to your doctor. Who knows, it might make life much more enjoyable to you. Are you enjoying your life?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I am mentally ill, and I have the paperwork to prove it... lol! I'm BiPolar, and trust me, I've never had to ask if I'm "ill." If you are really having issues, talk to a doctor, but if not, don't fret about it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You don't. See a doctor if you think you are overly concerned about other peoples opinions. Not to make you paranoid, but you may have something going on.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• People that are "crazy" are crazy because they dont know they are crazy. When you are able to identify that you have a problem you are "official" you just have issues. Guess what we all have issues.
    ;)
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• In my situation, I am sure that I am certifiable! Why am I not locked up? The people who surround me are crazier than me! lol in your case, if you ask if you are then I would say you most likely aren't. Most people who are don't know it. At least not the ones I know.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010