2/3 mo old crying a lot with bumbs on her gums...teething?

My daughter just recently came back from a 16 hr drive. shes only 2 and a half months old and let me tell you she was not happy. now she wont even sit in her seat without crying. however the other day i discovered a sharp bump on her gum possible earlyy teething which would explain the insane bursts or hysterical crying. what do u think is wrong?

SummerMom072208

Asked by SummerMom072208 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is teething if she has white bumbs on her gums . Try switching between motrin and tylenol . Also give her some teething tablets and rub the area that you see the bumbs with vanillia extract . The baby orajel will numb her throat when she swallows from the saliva .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daughter teethed that early . And became a late walker .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'd say if the gums are swollen red or white, then it could be early teething. But, if she's crying the same few hours every evening then she's just going through "that phase" that babies her age go through. If that's the case, she will be over it in another month. If it's teething ask your doctor about using Teething Tablets which you should be able to find at Wal*Mart or a drugstore. They also sell these pacifiers now that have freezer gel in them-that's another thing to try. Also, try giving milk ice cold (but not water! she's too little for anything other than milk!). And good luck. I hope you get to the bottom of this soon!
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 9:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Sounds like she is teething already! I think Motrin isn't supposed to be given until 6 months, so check with your doctor if its ok. And many brands of vanilla extract have alcohol, so be careful with that! I have been using Gentle Naturals Homeopathic teething drops and I love them!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008