If you are looking for "real" advice...

Do you think that Cafemom is the place to get it?

Just wondered as I got a message that my opinion wasn't very helpful since they were looking for 'real' advise. Wouldn't that mean that you should get 'professional' help rather than post on a social site?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• That was rude! When I am looking for advice here it's of the life experience kind. I will ask the experts as I can or when needed. If the advice offered isn't what she wanted she should move on to another reply or not ask questions here. I hate when people take comments to PMs. It's so classless.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Some people take this stuff too seriously here. I think this a great place to get a VARIETY of opinions and advice. It's not professional level and if it were something serious like a health issue I would certainly seek "real" advice as in from a doctor. This is an awesome place to get new ideas though, but if someone doesn't like the advice or opinion they get then they shouldn't let it bother them.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes people do need to realize this is a social site they will get both advice& opinions.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think that Cafemom can be a really helpful place when it is used in the right way.

I think that before you answer a question that you should think about the way that you would want it answered if it were you asking.

I do not think that the advice here can be mistaken for actual sound advice from professionals but that it can be helpful in many ways.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• this is where i go.......
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• This is where I would go too. You just have to be willing to ignore the stupid non-helpful stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think that some people should ask there doctor. However, I just was reading a post and a comment was mad that was very mean and uncalled for. I still do not understand why people make the comments that they do. This to me was very hurtful!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think you are right.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I like it to get different opinions no 1 has the right answer because they dont know the whole story all they know is what the have done. I think of it as I am sitting on the playground while my son is playing talking with other mama's. If someone wants official advice they need to get professional advice.

I like what mrspierce06 said...
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well the whole idea behind Wikipedia is that the knowlege from 1000 random regular people is better than that of one professional! So you should tell that person to go SUCK IT! pardon my language.

singlemomshuffle.blogspot.com
    babywhatnow

Answer by babywhatnow at 11:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010