Anyones child NOT have a gaming device? (handheld/tv)

Just curious if there are any kids out there that dont have a gaming device?
If they dont is it because they are not interested in it? Or is it because you wont allow them to have it?
What are their interest ...

(more for kids 5yrs + I guess .... I know alot of kids 4- wont have one yet)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• we do not have any kids gaming devices, however my kids do on occasion get to play on the computer at starfall.com, or pbs kids, or discovery kids... something like that. Why? because they could be doing better things with their time then playing games. And if they can't find something constructive to do with their time, I can find something constructive for them.

I have no intention on buying one any time soon.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:34 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• actually dont count out the toddlers. i have several nephews that do. my kidsdont. and they wont. i want them to use their imaginations, be active, and not have the i have to be watching something problem most people have. we do have a wii but it more for momma to get her workouts in without going out. and all the games are pg, high movement games, with child type music like the disney karioke-huge hit even for those that cant talk yet. but yeah, its more a family thing than just for one person, except my workout stuff.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• the only reason we have a Wii is b/c my MIL got it. I was more in favor of them not having one for a few more years (my kids are 4 & 6). To bad I don't know how to turn it on (wink-wink) so they have to wait until MIL comes over to play the thing!!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son doesn't have one, and I doubt we will get him one anytime soon. My parents never bought me gaming systems or anything like that so I never saw the point (despite being a tad bit jealous of my friends lol). DH had all that. He bought a Wii last year and doesn't really play it much. DS is almost 4, and doesn't really care for the Wii or playing games on the computer. He's got too much to do just to sit around. lol

My BFF's son is really into video games and his DS. He's only 7, and they have the hardest time getting him to play outside or do anything besides play his DS. When they went to the beach for vacation, they had to take away the DS because he refused to do anything besides play his DS. I don't think every child gets that addicted, but I'd rather not even start down that slippery slope with my kids.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My youngest son didn't have one til a few weeks ago... Not that they weren't here for him, he just didn't care for them. Now, he's getting in to gaming. He's 3. My 4yo on the other hand has been hooked since he was 2.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son is 4 & no he doesnt have a dls or whatever its called but my df has an xbox so my son is just learning to play kung fu panda, maybe next year he will get one.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• well theres is gaming devices that are like for 18 months or so. Its through vtech and its v baby smile or v smile. We have it for our son and he loves it. ITs educational games (zoo, farms, children books) not fighting and mindless stuff.
    Joeysmama012709

Answer by Joeysmama012709 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Our boys are 14, 8 and 7 yrs old and our 7 yr old is the only one with a leapster 2. It's not a fancy gaming device, just one that he likes. Our other 2 boys don't have any interest in one, they all 3 have dirt bikes, and love the outdoors, so thankfully they don't sit on their butts and play games...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Morgain, i do the same thing! I tell my DS the same thing-that its Daddy's 'toy' so he has to wait for Daddy to get home to play with it because mommy doesn't know how to work it.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 10:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We only have Wii that my MIL bought us as a family for Christmas. My son is 2 almost 3 and loves playing on the Wii at my mom's house cause of the game that they have that we don't. Sport Resorts..the sword ones.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 10:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010