Is it safe...

To take a shower with two month old?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 10:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I showered with mine until she was almost 8 months. She didn't like baths. Once she hit 8 months, she was getting too heavy to hold without worrying that i would drop her when I soaped her up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• not sure whats your def of safe..i use to do it..for the 1st 6mons cause thats the only way my milk would seem to flow in full force so i had to breasfeed in the shower..never really had a problem as long as my back was to the water..after 6 mons i would get in the tub with them..talk bout bonding..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I usually hold her in my lap and bathe her but my oldest is taking a bath right now so I was thinking of taking a shower in the other bathroom. I just wasn't sure because of the running water, and her being a bit slippery.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• of course why not
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I used to. They get slippery though. I used to put my babies in their carrier or whatever, shower, then put them in there with me once I rinsed the soap off of me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes it's fine. for the first few years we didnt have a tub. it wont hurt anything just dont put the spray in their face, for long at all, just to rinse.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, its safe. Unless you plan on doing riverdance in there :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, it is fine. Just be careful because when you start washing the baby off he/she will get slippery and can easily slip out of your hands.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I used to do it with my son,..not so much with my daughter but that's mostly cos I've got the both of them now and it's just easier to bathe them together. Just hold on tight! lol
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 10:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If you want to make a habit out of it (which is a really nice bonding experience in my opinion.) I highly suggest a sling, just make sure it's water safe! I used one, and I could scrub the baby through the sling.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010