Is there anything i can put on my four month old baby to make her misquito bites go down?

she has 2 on one of her legs and there almost dime sized and raized up alittle ,my mom told me to put tooth past but i thought that might burn ,

jenni225

Asked by jenni225 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call your pedi. Im unsure since ive never had that problem.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 8:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You can use baking soda and water: 3 teaspoon of baking soda to 1 parts water. Personally, I use Caladryl Clear on my kids and I just read the back of the bottle it can be used on children and adults 2 years and up.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Aveeno oatmeal is safe for all ages, it is an oatmeal based product, it also has a bath oatmeal that will aid in soothing them. You can find it in the pharmacy or baby section either one.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I found on http://kitchen.robbiehaf.com/HomeRemedies.html#34 it says to "apply lime juice diluted with water on bites with cotton ball" for mosquito bites.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 8:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• There is a lotion at CVS...I forget the name of it but it is $12 a bottle and it works WONDERS. It is the only allergist aproved lotion for itching. I would just go to CVS ( I know that they have it I'm not 100% sure about Walgreens) and ask them about it.

My DD started getting horrible hives when she was VERY young and that was the only thing that the allergist would say was safe for her. Sorry I don't remeber the name I will come back and post it after I get home and can look at the bottle!
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 8:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I swear by this ladies, i've even told the children in my class -believe me it works. Scrub the mosquito bite with soap. Not with the washcloth, just the bar. Scrub it for a while and trust me the itch and soon the bite will disappear! Try it!
    Anonymous

• My mom used to do baking soda bathes. I use the baking soda paste method Cmyfantasyworld gave. I'm allergic and my welts get to be about 2-3 inches across!
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 10:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• put an x in them with ur nails make sure there clean a nurse told me that for my kids ask ur doctor about gold bond it works for mine but iam not sure with the babies age
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• dont do toothpaste it burns them off and its not healthy
    Anonymous

• tartar control toothpaste. not gel. toothpaste.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2008