I'm planning to move to KY.

If you live there, do you like it?

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 10:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Travel

• We live in Louisville but I've been through Paducah, Its a nice area, if not a bit country-ish (which I love, lol) I think there are some amish in that area as well.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't care for where we live right now, but I do like it in general. I'm slowly learning that the school system does leave a bit to be desired though.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I live in Bowling Green, which is an hour north of Nashville. We've been here almost 46 years, and we love it. My husband and I were both born in central Kentucky. It's a beautiful state and there are lots of fine people. Paducah is in the western part of the state, but it's pretty, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• an-apple-a-day: What are do you live? We are planning to move where my fahter in law live in Paducah, Ky. Is cheeper than down here in Orlando, Fl.
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Kentucky is much cheaper than Florida.

My Husband and I were born and raised here in Kentucky. We live in the Lexington area. There are a lot of great things about Kentucky. I do agree that the school system leaves a lot to be desired but we homeschool so we don't deal with that.

When are you moving? Are you moving for sure?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• hsmominky: After I have my baby on January 2011. We can't really afford to keep living here. Over there my father-in-law will help us until my husband get a job. He is allready applying everywhere that we can find. We are like 90% sure we want to move.
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm from Louisville but live in FL now. I miss Ky. I would move back in a New York Minute if my abusive x husband didn't live there. My kids grew up here in FL and moved back to Ky to live. They and their families love it up there. There are more job opportunities there than there are around this area. I don't know much about Paducah but hear it's a good place to live. I'm sure if it wasn't your FIL wouldn't still be there.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• admckenzie: My father in law love it. My husband family (on his father side) lives in Ky. They have been telling us to move there because we could get better jobs. Im just a little afraid lol.
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010