Does your toddler poop while sleeping?

Lately my 18 month old is pooping while sleeping at night. Is there a way I can change his pooping schedule? How? TIA

sweetyazfl

Asked by sweetyazfl at 10:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OP, you have to coat his diaper area with rash cream every night before he goes to bed. This should prevent the painful diaper rashes. I coat my daughter's bottom every night, and so far, she hasn't had any rashes.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My 26 month old poops during naptime. Since I nap while she naps, I don't notice it until I wake up and smell it!! I'm not sure if there's a way to change his "poop schedule".
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Very rarely. Interesting. I wouldn't change the pooping schedule. As long as my toddler pooped - I'm good. Its if there is no poop that is the problem. If he's not waking then things are coming out smoothly so that's good. And if you feed him breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks appropriately then no worries. He's not potty trained, and not expected to be at his age, so no need to change what you are doing. My son is three and still wears a pull up to bed. No poop. But the bad news: he has constipation. You are so great to notice that he is pooping with regularity. If you want him to poop more then discuss it with your doctor. My son has benefiber added to his drinks to get him stimulated to go during the day. Plenty of fiber and water helps my little guy along. That and we do plum juice.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Im just sad that I don't realize (spelling?) and he is getting rash and he cries and it make me sad. Since last night I told my husband we were going to take turns to check his diaper at night since he sleep with us but he doesn't wake up until the morning.
    sweetyazfl

Comment by sweetyazfl (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no my son usually wakes up then poops in morning. Sorry no advice :(
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• try bicycling his little legs a bunch.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well, just lather his hiney up with cream before he goes to bed.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2010