Should Christians eat pork?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't know why not... Just cook it to prevent illness!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why shouldn't they?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well, yes. How else will we get our daily bacon intake???
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 11:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Under the Law of Moses, animals were divided into two classes based on various physical characteristics to determine if they were "clean" to eat. See Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 for more details. This is the main reason why Jews do not eat pork and other "non-kosher" foods.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ???
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Under the Law of Christ. It is important to properly distinguish between the Law of Moses given to the Israelites and the Law of Christ that replaced it. Yes, there were certain things forbidden by the Law of Moses (including unclean foods like pork) and personally observed by Jesus as a Jew during His lifetime. But that religious system was taken away by Jesus nailing it to the cross and was replaced with the Gospel (Col. 2:14, 16). That also includes Sabbath worship (including capital punishment for violators), animal sacrifices, religious use of incense and instrumental music, the priesthood, tithing, religious robes & choirs, circumcision, and so on.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• christians aren't jews. I don't see a problem with pork.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean." KJV Romans 14:!4

"12 Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. 13 So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall. 14 I know and am convinced on the authority of the Lord Jesus that no food, in and of itself, is wrong to eat. But if someone believes it is wrong, then for that person it is wrong. 15 And if another believer is distressed by what you eat, you are not acting in love if you eat it. Don’t let your eating ruin someone for whom Christ died. 16 Then you will not be criticized for doing something you believe is good." Romans 14:12-16 is posted..but read until 23.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I THINK the reference is to an Old Testament law about eating "unclean" animals of the "cloven hoof" which is pig. I think this is the basis for the Jewish kosher laws, as well, although I'm not Jewish, so I could be wrong on that. Because many Christianity faiths believe the New Testament's laws supersede the Old Testament, they therefor eat Pork. Can I get a witness? :-)

JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ...continuing...

So if you don't like pork..then I won't eat pork in front of you if we were ever to eat together..but I can eat pork in my own home with my family. Just like if someone doesn't believe one should eat chocolate or drink soda..well then I won't in front of you, but I surely will at home because i'm not convicted of it as long as its done in moderation. See what i'm sayin?
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010