Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where and how to get a grant to go back to school?

Iwant to go back to school, BUT I'm in default with student loans so I can't get Fin. Aid. Would some one be so gracious to help me with some info to get grant money for school please.

thank you much!


Answer Question

Asked by PorscheJ at 11:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in

Level 5 (60 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • check your local college an see if they can help..also the local librarian can help u find some books..there are grants done by essassies u write..local welfare building help low income..corporations..

    Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • You have to fill out a fafsa. You also might have to make 6 months of payments b/f you can receive ANY financial aid.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • You can apply for the Pell grant at



    Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

  • Check your local college. They know alot. And can help!

    Answer by sstepph at 4:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

  • ask in the financial aid

    Answer by mekarevell at 11:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.