Having Menstraul cramps but no period; negative pregnancy tests

So my last actual period was July 28th, and it is now September 6th with no actual period flow having started yet. I've always had a irregular period, sometimes periods will be the regular 28 days apart, other times it can be up to 36 days inbetween before I start, and then it lasts for about five days with a very heavy flow.

I have never had menstraul cramps before, at least not as severe as they are now for me to actually notice it. I did a little light spotting a few days ago with some brown discharge, and then today when I went to the bathroom and wiped, there was a lot of blood with a little bit of clotting on the tissue but nothing to stain on undergarments. I took a pregnancy test this morning and a few days before and both turned up negative.

On a sidenote I'm on a very weird sleep schedule these past few weeks, not really sleeping more then three-four hours at a time so is this a result of body stress?

Kattxbrat

Asked by Kattxbrat at 11:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it could be stress. It could be that you had a fertilized egg that just didn't implant right and your body has passed/ is passing it now? If the levels of the pregnancy hormone didn't get high enough it's highly possible that a home pregnancy test wouldn't pick them up. I'd wait a week. If you're still concerned then go see your doctor
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 11:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• With my two previous pregnancies, a EPT picked them both up, but you may be right that I am just testing too early. Wasn't quite ready for a third yet but I'll start planning down that road just in case.
    Kattxbrat

Comment by Kattxbrat (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2010