Shopping last minute

Due December 10. In pretty good shape as far as the nursery goes....clothes/toys etc... It's the really necessary stuff that we've waited on. In the next month we're going for the rest of the bottles, nipples, diaper jeanie, etc. Just wondering how late you ladies waited before you stocked up. If I had had more money sooner, we would have gotten the stuff way earlier....just feeling a little rushed lol

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• oh goodness, I had to take the baby to walmart when we were released! LOL didn't know at the time that I would need preemie diapers for her tiny butt :) suggestion- buy 1 pack just in case! their butts are tiny! LOL

don't stress about it though. If you have 1 bottle, like 5 changes of clothes, and some diapers, and a place for baby to sleep, and formula if you're gonna use it. You really don't NEED anything else. :)
    Anonymous

• well if it helps.. i would wait on the bottles, or jiust buy one or two different kinds.. sometimes they are picky! I had a diaper genie( sp) and i never used it.... I would just make sure you have some diapers and 1 or 2 preemie outfits.. i was supposed to have an 8 lb baby but he was 6.13 and preemie was the only thing that fit for 2 weeks or so. good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I started pretty early,however if money was an issue I understand. All the thing's you mentioned can be purchased at Wal-mart or Target and should not put too much of a strain on your wallet.
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 9:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• she's right!
    VictinaG

• I didn't buy the bassinet, car seat/stroller until 3 weeks before my due date. And the crib wasn't purchased until he was 2 weeks old!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• LOL, well with my 3rd child, I went shopping right after leaving the hospital!! I wouldn't recommend doing that though, I was walking real slow, and by the end I was feeling kind of weak and light headed!! If you don't get it all together before the baby, send someone else!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008