Are there different levels of Heaven?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• im not sure but heres a bump maybe someone will have your answer
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• In 2 Corinthians 12;2 Paul talks about A third heaven From what I understand the are different levels of heaven. The sky, space and actual heaven
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't believe there are. I believe there is one level, one heaven. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't know if they are actual levels, but I do think there might be different stages depending on our spiritual growth or connection. I don't really know what Heaven is like though, it's interesting to think about but I'll have to wait until I get there to know.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The closest thing Scripture says to there being different levels of heaven is found in 2 Corinthians 12:2 in which Paul was talking about a "third heaven" In many ancient cultures, people used the term “heaven” to describe three different “realms”—the sky, outer space, and then a spiritual heaven. No where in the Bible does it suggest there are different levels of Heaven for the believer. If you are really good, you go to the best level, closest to God. If you are not so good, you go to the lowest level. This view has no scriptural basis. While the Bible does talk about different rewards given to the believer, it doesn't suggest different levels of Heaven.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 6:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Heaven is the current name for the "good" afterlife. In previous religions (Greek ,Egyptian, etc), yes there were several different levels depending on what type of lifestyle you led.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Heaven wasn't created by the Bible or Christianity, it was already an idea before they came along :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• There are nine levels of Heaven named after the Choir of Angels.
    1. Seraphim
    2.Cherubim
    3.Thrones
    4.Dominions
    5.Powers
    6.Virtues
    7.Principalities
    8.Archangels
    9. Angels
    The ones that are closest to God are the Seraphim, the ones that are closest to us are the Angels
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Not in my mind....but I think heaven looks and feels different to everyone....
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• According to Islam there are seven levels of Heaven and Allah (God) resides in the highest level.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 6:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010