when i have the baby

how much weight does some one usually lose and what does the belly look like

kay785

Asked by kay785 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• your belly may look still sort of pregnant, or it could just look kinda like a bull dog face (sorry but that's all I can think to describe it LOL) it's really gonna depend on how in shape you are before birth.

on average, I think it's 18 lbs
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Im sure it is different with everyone but I weighed myself for the first time about a week after giving birth and I had lost about 20 lbs. Keep in mind I had gained about 50 the whole pregnancy. My son was 8 lbs. Your belly is absolutley disgusting! But dont worry it gets a little better over time. Depending on how much you gained you will always have that bit of extra stretched skin. It pretty much looks and feels floppy at first, like youre an old lady with a flat tire haha. This has just been my experience and im sure everyone is different!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It is totally different for everyone. if the weight bothers you, keep in mind the fantastic benefits of naturally feeding your baby. breastfeeding does wonders for baby, and is the most natural and healthy way for you the lose many of those extra pounds....luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It will feel and look flabby, but I have breastfed for the past 6months and mine shrunk so fast that now I am my pre-prego weight. Breastfeeding is the fastest way to get it slim down.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 9:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• BELLY LOOK GROSS MOST OF THE TIME BUT THAT'LL GO AWAY AND USUALLY THE AVERAGE WEIGHT SOMEONE LOOSES AFTER HAVING A CHILD IS AROUND 30 POUNDS
    jenjenjennifer

Answer by jenjenjennifer at 9:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I lost around 17 lbs after delivery. You'll still look kind of pregnant for a while. It takes 4-6 weeks for your uterus to go back to its normal size. I had all my weight lost by the time my son was 5 months old. Don't stress out about it too much. After my son was born, I could have cared less what I looked like. I was just so happy to have a wonderful, healthy baby. Good luck!
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008