"What is the Kaballah?"

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• There is traditional Kabbalah, and then there are other practices that are also called "Cabala" (usually with a C), but they really aren't the same. I know a bit about traditional Kabbalah and the best place I have found to learn about it is Bnei Baruch Kabbalah Education and research institute found at http://www.kabbalah.info/ they have videos, free books, free courses, articles etc. Here is a video, Kabbalah: A Basic Overview. It is 25 min., but it explains what Kabbalah is better than I can.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 3:42 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Mystical Judaism... I don't know much about it, but I would love to learn...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's the mystical aspect of Judaism. There is a huge difference in Jewish teaching of Kabbalah and the stuff they teach online, which is mostly garbage. In the Jewish religion one cannot study Kabbalah until they reach the age of 40 and have an understanding of the Torah and Talmud. You can look on Aish.com or KosherTorah.com if you want to know more about it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010