Anyone have any betamethasone stories or comments?

I'm going to be starting betamethasone next week to help further develop my baby's lungs. Because I have low fluid, I am expecting to deliver relatively early according to my perinatologist. Anyone else get these shots and what do you have to say about it? Reactions for example...birth stories after the fact...anything to help me prepare better.

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 11:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had 2 shots 24 hours apart at 32 weeks to further develop my sons lungs as well. I was going into premature labor and doc wanted the baby to be ready. I ended up not going into labor until 38 weeks and baby was perfectly fine. The area where they give you the shot (in your butt/hip area) is sore for a few days and I can't say the shot was very pleasant. My son however was 9lbs 7 oz and has two upper teeth. Not sure if it is because of the shots or not.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 12:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2010