How do you become a Christian?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• there is no process to becoming a christian... It is the belief that God is our father and his son Jesus came down and died for our sins....
    If you want to become a christian then just find a church that you enjoy going to (trust me their hard to find) and talk to the pastor/priest/father and talk about maybe getting baptised....
    Good luck w your journey...
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 11:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• christian menas christ like thats only a title. but to be saved is different all u have to do is confess ur life to christ by repeating Romans 10:9 and god himself says that u r saved not going to b want to b or should b but u r saved
    blessedmommy504

Answer by blessedmommy504 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I was just talking to my six year old about inviting Jesus into her life yesterday. I believe that the Holy Spirit enters at baptism (or sometimes before baptism if the person has a genuine faith and asks Him into his or her life). I was talking to her about John 3:3 and 3:5, and told her that we should also ask Jesus into our hearts. I think she understands.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you are truly interested in becoming a Christian, PM me and I would love to talk to you about it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Wow. I disagree with most of the posts above. To become a doctor you must learn medicine. To be a lawyer you study law. To be a musician you learn and practice your instrument. Why in the world would you just walk into any church and get baptized? What happened to being taught first? To be a Christian means to be a follower of Christ. How can you do that if you have not been taught what it was he preached about? Why was he here? Why did he do the things he did? One must take in knowledge FIRST, study FIRST, build appreciation for what you are learning FIRST. Jesus even acknowledged this saying, "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ." -John 17:3. Holy Spirit helps you along the way, WHILE you're learning and making changes in your life. Then you may be able to dedicate yourself to God and get baptized. And that's just the beginning.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 1:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• So 69, if someone is on their death bed then they are unable to be saved because they need to study first?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Honestly if what these women are saying is true then im not a christian..... COME ON PEOPLE.... Its not about going to church or saying 1 prayer in particular or siting something from the bible.... ITS ABOUT BELIEVING.... I believe in God and I believe in Jesus and that he died for my sins.... I pray on my own and ask for forgiveness, I ask for guidends, and I ask for help... You don't need to do anything to be a believer or to be a Christian.... You will not go to HELL if you believe and embrasse God as your savior...
    People have these crazy ass ideas of how your pose to do things
    Its not a process... Its an acceptance... Its taking him/God into your heart...
    Please be careful in what you read or hear....
    Best thing to do is to GO TALK TO a pastor of a church you like or to just pick up the Bible and start reading...
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 1:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• 69 humble pie is dumb don't listen to her.... You don't need to study to be a mother do you?????? NO i didn't think so! You don't need to study to be a Christian.... UGH stupid people
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 1:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Uh... Niltiak. My disagreeing with you in no way makes me dumb. I just disagree. But I do find it very interesting that your words belied your first post. Where is your Christian love? You know, the mark that identifies Christs followers? LOVE?..Stupid? Really.. You just told on yourself.

35yoamom:
    As I believe what the Bible teaches regarding resurrection to life on earth, I also believe that God will allow those who did not have the opportunity to get to know him, to come to know him at that time. Perhaps a privet discussion, if you choose.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 2:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• By the way, that particular scripture I mentioned did not come from me. Those were Jesus' words that highlighted the need to take in knowledge. Also his words- Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you."

Teach: to cause to know something. Disciple: convinced adherent of a school or individual

Hence the need to learn, and to take in knowledge. Shouldn't you understand first before committing to any cause?
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 2:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010