"Big Sister" Ideas Needed

My daughter is a freshman this year and I have never had to shop like this for my older two daughters but every week she has to have a "big sister" gift basket for cross country. Last week I went to ULTA on the way home and spent $11 and got 5 items. My daughter came home the night of the meet with a basket filled to the brim.

I need some ideas of items that are inexpensive that I can put together a gift bag for this girl every week. I asked my daughter what everyone did last week and she said she didn't see what everyone else came up with and she won't ask for some reason. She isn't being helpful on a theme at all and I know this is her responsibility but I need help from anyone who has been in this situation.

Thanks in advance :)

OneFlewTheCoop

Asked by OneFlewTheCoop at 11:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Shopping

• She is a teenager that's why she won't ask, lol when it comes to gift baskets go to the dollar store with her and ask her to pick 10 things and pick out a basket, the Dollar tree always has wicker ones, pick a theme like movie theme get a bunch of munchies then a gift card to blockbuster. or a mani/pedi theme, Dollar Tree has alot for that. I know The Dollar tree also has alot for a baking theme, get cute oven mitt and little variety of baking mixes some cookie cutters,wooden spoon. I just did a bunch of baskets for a fund raiser and used all my ideas and bought most of everything at the Dollar Tree and target has there own Dollar section. Oh you could also do a babysitters basket! filled with books to read to the kids,crayons and coloring books, snacks,juice boxes,bubbles...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Dollar store, Kmart, Target, or Walmart I would suggest.
    nautired

Answer by nautired at 11:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I guess I'm not fully understanding what this gift basket is for. Do the girls trade them?
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We have an outlet Bath and Body Works store where we are. A basket like that may go over well.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010