Do u think there is a prob

My DD is 2 1/2. An at first i thought it was jus a think to stay awake but she seems so thirsty at times she might drink a whole sippy cup full at once then want more. But its only at times. It not an all day thing. Jus at some points she seems thirster than normal.

lilbritches501

Asked by lilbritches501 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A sign of childhod diabetes is lots of thirst. Give her pedi a call and ask for a blood test. :)

She is most likely fine. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• what is she drinking.... I hope not pop and I hope not that super sugar juice that stores sell... Try more diluted solutions ... If your giving her juice then put some water in it... if your giving her water then I woudln't worry at all ....
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 11:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my son does this, but I think its more of an attention thing for him b/c he thinks its fun to drink it all then ask for more. I givehim more and don't make a big deal out of it, but he never drinks the 2nd cup..maybe couple sips.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well no she doesnt get large amounts of pop jus a few drinks when she sneaks it out of my cup. Its mostly motts apple juice kool aide. The hawiann mix w water. Milk it a wide selection. But she will not drink water unless its flavored.
    lilbritches501

Comment by lilbritches501 (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• They will often get really thirsty if they eat a meal with a lot of sodium, if they get over heated, exercise or run around a lot, or if they take a long warm bath. Try and note if he gets thirsty at these times and if so, it's normal. At his next wellness visit, run it by your doctor just to be sure because excessive thirst can be an indicator of diabetes. But it is probably one of the situations I mentioned. Hope this helps! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010