Ladies how do you move on after a divorce?

Just wanted to hear your feedback and add some new questions to the site? I have been divorced for over 5 years and I asked for the divorce! I was unhappy and should never have gotten married to my ex! I just picked up the pieces and knew that for the sake of my son I had to push forward. Ladies peace of mind is priceless!!! Lol!!! so tell me what do you think? I think we may really help someone here with this question...

thedies

Asked by thedies at 9:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• It was hard at first. And the divorce was my idea, too. I think spending time with friends and people who were in a similar situation helped a lot. I'll tell you what really helped..... When he started sleeping with one of my friends - the one I was with when I met him - 3 months after we seperated! Not even divorced..... That kinda sealed the deal!
    Anonymous

• Anonymous get the HECK OUTTA HERE!!! That would have done it for me too!!!!!
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 9:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Lots of singing, dancing, maybe a little alcohol....celebrate. Be thankful you don't have to scrub brown skids out of someone else's underwear or wake up to the smell of farts. Lay diagonally across the bed and stretch out. Watch girlie movies...the sky's the limit.
    Anonymous

• I've been through three. None were easy to get over but I finally figured out how to stop the pain. I stopped getting married! Woo Hoo! It does get better though. Just take each day as a new adventure and fill it with as much good as you can. Give time and attention to your children and your career/education and just keep on traveling down the road. All three of my husbands tried to come back. I just kept telling them to remember why they left and shut the door. Life is too short to be disrespected and/or abused or even taken for granted and not appreciated. Living alone isn't bad if you ask me. I like the freedom and independence.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It's not hard to move on if you divorced because of abuse. My husband now was the one to get me out, and it wasn't that hard at all for me. My former in-laws tell me that HE has been having a hard time, but I tell them he should thought of that when he was treating me like s#$t.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Anon #1 here.... yeah... he sucked. I haven't talked to the girl since, either. duh. I call her Skankifer. her real names Jennifer. lol. But really, happiness is the best revenge!! I'm in a great place in my life now. I'm on good terms with him, finally. When I got happy I think it made him do more to be in a similar place. I'm glad, too. Our kids come first and it's so much better for them now that we are both happy, even if its not with each other.
    Anonymous