I don't know why he is doing this??

My son usually wakes up between 7-9am in morning...well here lately when he wakes up at 9am he is taking his normal nap from 11-2 and then wakes up and plays and has snack and all but then by 5;30 is taking another nap for 2 hrs...well that means he is staying up til like 10 or 11 at night! He used to go to bed no later than 9. Why all of a sudden this change? He is 20 months old.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is bcomeing more and more aware of the world around him. :) He just wants tons of time to soak it all in because doggonit mommy it might not be there tomorrow! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Lol I guess that could be it...but wears mommy out! haha
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Don't let him take the evening nap, just lay him down to bed earlier 630 or 7. He might not sleep until 9, My son goes to nap around noon, wakes between 2 and 3 and goes to bed between 7 and 8. He wakes up usually at 730
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 11:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Maybe it's time to cut down to one nap time, I would cut out the later one. That should solve some of your problems.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree, cut out the second nap. I had to do that with dd a couple of months ago because she was staying up later and later. if he gets up at 2 he should be good go to to bed at 8 or so if you want to make sure he's super tired. by 8 dd is ready to pass out lol. I read somewhere that you should wake them up at least 4 hours before you want them to go to bed at night. so the lastest he should be sleeping is 4 if you want him in bed at 8, and 5 if you want him in bed by 9.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Thanks everyone...this is all of a sudden a new nap he has decided to start taking this week? Its odd for him to take two naps. Guess his body might be recouping from having a terrible cold.
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2010