7 days old baby

My baby is 7days old I have his week appointment tomorrow but I need to buy him a can of milk and I was wanting to get a different formula because he is constipated and the dr was closed today due to labor day as I said I need to go buy a can of formula tonight should I go ahead and buy the one that will be better on his tummy or wait tell I go to the dr

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 11:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• buy the one he is currently using until you can speak with a doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Get whatever you want for tonight. Tell the doctor the truth. It's not like he'll yell at you. It will be fine. Making decisions like this is what being a mom is about. It's ok.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Go ahead and buy the one you want to try to see if it works. The doctor won't know if it is really better for his tummy until you try it anyway. Like admckenzie said, he isn't going to yell at you. Most likely he will say, okay, see how it goes.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's not too late to breastfeed if your baby is already having formula problems.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Did the doctor recommend the formula that your son is on? A week old isn't necessarily going to have a bowel movement every day, so he might be fine and will have one tomorrow morning. I would definitely keep him on the formula he's currently on and after you talk to the doctor, see what their recommendation is. Most likely, they'll tell you to keep him on what you have until a certain time frame has passed for him not having a bowel movement.

Good luck and congratulations on your baby!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• follow ur mommy instincts ! buy the new one and tell his doctor tmrw :) well , i mean today lol

congrats on ur new bundle of joy :)

happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would think as long as the Dr. didn't tell you a specific kind to use for him that you would be ok to choose whatever kind of formula you'd like. Good Luck with his tummy troubles Mama!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2010