Is a fever of103.2 bad for a 22 year old adult

I was okay with this. my son just got sick he was sick for 3 days and then was fine. I know I have what he had. All day today I have had a bad head cold around 6pm I got a fever and I was cold freezing and still am my fever went from 102.7 to 103.2 my body is hurting mainly mylegs. I was okay with this I was just rolling with the punches and pushing threw it I took something for it hoping it will break soon. When I called my Fiance at work to tell him he freaked and started to panic. Which really scared me. He has our car and our son is here sleeping no friends or family live around me to take me or watch my son it's now almost midnight he will not be home for another two hours.. I feel okay just sick but should I be worried?

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Health

• You will be fine. Make sure to drink a lot of water. Get a cool cloth and put it on your forehead and neck. Do not cover in more than a sheet. Eat something cold like a popcicle.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Do you feel like you are aware of what is going on? Is the fever continuing to climb? Have you been able to control it with medication? You want to try to bring it down, of course, and it would be a concern if it continues to rise. Dehydration is a concern. You are losing fluid through sweating mainly, but you also always lose some fluid through breathing (and more if you are vomiting or have diarrhea).

You may be fine waiting until morning to go to the doctor. Do you know if your son had a virus or a bacterial illness? If you have a bacterial illness with a fever that high, I wouldn't try to get through it without medication.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's not bad.. But I bet you feel like crap. Push fluids, take some tylenol and rest.. You could also take a tepid (not too hot, not too cold) bath.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• What lamgr8teful said was great. A fever that high is a concern if you can't get it under control. Make sure you are hydrating hydrating hydrating! Take a fever reducer, drink lots of water and keep track of the temp. If its still high in the mornign or if you start vomiting excessively, have continuous diarrhea, or feel dizzy or blurry eyed you need medical attention. Otherwise you can wait until the morning. Sounds liek the flu dear. Get as much sleep as possible!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 12:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Thanks ladies I think I'll be fine. You have made me feel alot better!!
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree....Iamgrat8ful gave you great advice. As long as the fever is being controlled by meds and you don't feel "out of it", I would say that you just have the Flu or a bug. You need to drink plenty, get rest and put a cool cloth on your neck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2010