Bed time issues

I have another question? My 2 1/2 yr old is making me an daddy so exhausted she can fall asleep say round 9:30-10:00 an in two hrs she is wide awake an up till 4 am. An sometime she wont even get a nap. I can try to keep her up all day to help out at night but this doesnt work.

lilbritches501

Asked by lilbritches501 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol sounds like my little monster. he is three and is slowly starting to not want naps. my son used to go to bed around 11 pm. he wouldnt sleep if we put him to bed earlier than that. he would lay there and talk all nite or get up and run around. it sounds like she is going thru one of those amazing phazes!! or is there something in her room that keeps her awake? does she cry alot? and get upset when u put her down? there could be so many things here. what do u give her before she goes to bed for drink and food? and when do u stop the food and drink ? and also there is this "window" of sleep that some kids have and with my son its like 8:30, and if we miss it for some reason, he winds right back up and will not go to bed for a few more hrs. i duno, ask ur doctor about that, and if u want u can email me and maybe i can help more?
    AIDEN032807

Answer by AIDEN032807 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• She needs to run and play a lot! Some kids need more exercise than others, they have high energy levels. Take her outside and have her run until she is exhausted. If you can buy a small exercise trampoline for her to jump on inside the house, it's a great exercise and doesn't take up tons of space. But start slowing down after dinner and until bed time so she isn't wound up. Also, read to her til she falls asleep. If she learns to love reading you can let her do that in her bed when she is a bit older. Cut her naps down to less and less time, wake her up if you need to but a 3 hour nap isn't good for either of you. You can't function without sleep, and if you are like me you are probably making up for it during her naps. Also her naps should never start after 1:00 in the afternoon. If they do she won't be tired by bed time.  Good luck!!! 

7babies4me

Answer by 7babies4me at 12:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010