Any ideas for indoor activities for my 3 year old?

I need some fun things to do for this winter with my three year old and if I can include my 1 year old in them that would be great too.

CrnchyMamaCraig

Asked by CrnchyMamaCraig at 12:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Water play with cups and spoons and even food coloring, with things that float and sink etc. Pudding paint, if you don't mind the mess. Use instant pudding like finger paints and then you don't have to worry if gets in their mouth. Paper plates can become tambourines or masks or indoor frisbees or many different things. Same with paper towel tubes or toilet paper rolls. Make simple treasure maps for her to find things around the house and have a special surprise at the end. How about simple cooking projects like making your own version of trail mix or decorating cookies? I loved being home with my boys at this age, there are endless ways of keeping them busy and teaching through fun!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• arts/crafts
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• On the weekends my boys and I build forts out of sheets and blankets and we climb inside and watch tv or a movie. I also got them some books to practice their writing and coloring and it has stickers so i can give it to them when they're done. BTW they're 3 and 4.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 12:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• play dough
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Coloring, Arts/Crafts,
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• a tunnel. or they have little ball room things made out of the same stuff the tunnels are for like 30 bucks. you put a bunch of the little plastic balls in there, and it's like their own ball pit without you having to worry about what's in there.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Blocks, building forts, coloring books
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• artsy stuff and playdoh is great for when your little one naps maybe, but for both, books to read or color- my 19 month old just learned to color, but younger than that crayons may not be a good idea... but kids love and really benefit from being read to. Get a membership to your local library, usually free- or my oldest are 4 and 5 and during the winter we do netflix- it's $9 a month and they get to pick their own movie each week. My 19 month old loves to play with blocks and legos. :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010