To move or not to move?

Would you stay living in town/city that you were unhappy in? Lets say you felt like your life was going nowhere and you knew that you didnt' want your child/ren growing there. Would you stay? Or would you take a *major* leap of faith and move? Lets say you knew where you wanted to live. Financially speaking you'd be about the same. There might be a bit of a struggle at first, should you move, but the potential is enormous. WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like you know what to do. It sounds like that you know that what you want to do is to move. Just take some time and make sure you are thinking it thorugh. Good Luck with your decision.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Move. I can't see any good reason not to, so it wouldn't be much of a decision.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yes i would move...and I was in that same position 10 yrs ago, and I am glad I did move!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My husband and I moved because my son started Kindergarten this year. We did NOT want him going to the inner city crap school where we lived, so we moved the next town over which has been rated the best in elementary education in this area.... That was the only reason we moved! lol The house we moved into is a half a mile from his school, the pediatrician and the eye doctor- Walgreens is two blocks away, walmart a mile away and a huge shady park a mile away! We coudln't be happier with the decision we made! Sometimes you just get more than you bargain for and it all works out in the end!! :) Good Luck!!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would just be really careful about when and where you move. Do you have another job lined up? What is the unemployment rate in the new area you would be moving to? Are the schools really better there? Are you moving more to switch things up, or because you have nothing to speak for in your current location?

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. What would you be leaving behind? We're in a really rough economy right now and I have a couple friends who are absolutely brilliant who have been unemployed for over a year now. If you have a stable situation right now, you might want to stick it out until you have a job lined up somewhere else.

Whatever you end up doing, best of luck to you!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Also, how far away is the new location versus the current location?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would move if your s/o or spouse was in agreement with it.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:04 AM on Sep. 7, 2010