AP mamas who don't have childcare

If you do not currently use childcare outside of yourself, your spouse, or possibly your close family members...what would it take for you to consider daycare or even just bringing someone into your home to watch your child? My son is 15 months and spends all but 8 hours per week with me. The 8 hours I am gone, he is with his dad or on the occasion-my mom. Our current living siyuation is less than ideal. I could change it (and I think both my son and myself would be happier) however I would need my son to go to daycare or hire someone to watch him 15-20 hours per week. I would be moving 4 hours away so my family would not be able to keep him. I want so badly to better our lives BUT I'm scared. I know my son isn't ready to be away from me that much, we are so strongly attached and I do not want to damage him emotionally, ya know? At the same time, I know he'd be better off in the long term by relocating. I just need advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• One of the families in our play group has a part time nanny and the nanny does AP with the kids! She is awesome. She brings the kids to play group and is just a blessing for them. There are nannies like her out there. You have to search.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2010