Is it okay to let my 5 mths old in a nursery along with other kids of different ages?

nance209

Asked by nance209 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Alone? If that's what you meant, I absolutely wouldn't without some kind of supervision.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• ummm, no I wouldn't. The other kids may not know how to be careful and could potentially hurt your child. I'd still watch your child no matter what and not leave him/her unattended and with other children alone in a room until he/she is old enough to communicate with you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No, not w/o some other adult present. The other children may accidentally hurt him or her.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• no what i meant there would be only one adult lady to take care of them but i fear some kid might unintentionally hurt him..
    nance209

Comment by nance209 (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How many kids are there? And are there different areas for the kids to play in? I'd probably be fine with one adult per 3 kids depending on their ages, but not any more than that. If there is only one adult and 10 kids, no way.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't think I would, not with only one adult. Especially if there are other younger (even if they are older than your child) children who will also need the adult's attention. In our nursery at church, for 0-6 month babies, I believe the ratio is one adult to two kids. The ratio gets a bit larger when dealing with older kids, but I would assume that at least one other adult should be there to help take care of children. I would not leave ANY of my kids in a room with just one adult. My kids are all 6 and under. There are some days that I can't handle them on my own, so I'd never leave them with just one person.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think putting a child under age 4 in any kind of daycare is sad! JMHO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010