Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me and my Husband Just bought a houshe and I need advice? adult content

Me and my husband just bought our first home. It is in the low-income part of town. But anyway we are on a fixed income and our home is need of some repairs is there any kind of help anyone can provide with where to go for help.

Answer Question

Asked by MamaJetta at 1:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I'd recommend talking to someone at Home Depot or Lowe's and trying to do some of the projects yourself. That is truly the only "cheap" way to do projects nowadays. Leave the big stuff to the professionals, but there are many things you can do yourself, and you'll just need to pay for the tools for it, instead of the tools and labor with contractors. Good luck, and congratulations on your first home.

    Answer by kathria at 1:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

  • i agree with kathria , is cheaper and is fun project to do as a family ......! congrats !

    Answer by happymom1988 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

  • If you could be more specific about what type of repairs you need, you would get more specific answers.

    Also, you could post this question in Home & Garden section, it might net some different answers from another group of ladies.


    Answer by QuinnMae at 8:04 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

  • Call up your city and see if they are participating in any kind of fixer up programs. My city is and if you qualify you can get help in updating your home in the energy efficient department. Most programs will only pay for or help with energy efficient repairs. I'm not sure if this is an Obama program or if it is just done in some cities but it's worth a try. You can also google home repairs and I'm sure you will find any programs available

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.