is it normal for a child not to eat meat a lot?

my son eats meat once in a while( like dentymoore beef stew and chicfila chicken),but he will eat a lot of fruit.

honeybee121

Asked by honeybee121 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids both don't like meat a lot, I think they don't like it in their teeth. Things like fruit, veggies, and bread items don't stick in the teeth and don't take a lot of time to chew.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my 2 yo son LOVES fruit.. but he does not like meat he won't eat, hot dogs, anything with red sauce( spaghetti) Will not eat any kind of red meat. I don't' cater to him though he eats what we eat... i just always make sure his plate has something he likes on it (mac n cheese, mandarin oranges, yogurt, veggies.. etc) he always eats all of those things and HAS to take 2 big bites of whatever else is on his plate. sometimes he is gagging it down... but he'll do it. ( actually sometimes he'll eat a hamburger.. but only if we grill it.. no fast food).. i swear he is a natural fruititarian!!(I made that up;)
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daughter doesn't eat meat very often either. I don't think she likes the texture of it. I just work around her and give her other things. Talk to your child's doctor about what you can give him other than meat. Or ask in one of the vegetarian groups.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• All my kids went through fazes, they would eat meat then they wouldn't, as long as they are getting protien they will be fine.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my son will only eat chicken nuggets and some bacon. pepperoni, dont worry i hope mine grows out of it too.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 4:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Meat is an acquired taste, they don't naturally have an appetite for it. Give him beans, and other sources of protein, like peanut butter, even tofu since you can make it taste like anything, kids will often eat it.
    juicepluskids

Answer by juicepluskids at 7:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008