What if your kids never got baptized?

I believe in God but we don't go to church :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A lot of children are never baptized, but believe in God. I wouldn't worry about it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Same here. I was raised Catholic and went to parochial school etc. But in my adult life I do not attend church. None of my 3 boys have been baptized.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm not sure I understand the question. My son isn't baptized, I don't belong to a church, I believe in God, my husband is an atheist, and I intend to teach my son what I believe in, as well as my husband, and then let him decide what he wants to believe in the end. I don't think it's a big deal, either way.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We won't baptize my kid. Baptism is a personal choice and the signal of a relationship with God. I can't make it for him, he has to decide to it himself. If God has a problem with that he isn't worth having faith in in the first place.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my kids aren't baptized and wont get baptized until there old enough to understand what it means and make that decision for themselves, I was born and raised catholic and remember it being a big deal to get baptized and things like that, I am no longer catholic, I once heard that catholics blamed SIDS on children who were not baptized, its a huge deal to baptize your children before the age of 1 otherwise some believe that your baby will die, I think its crap. As long as you believe in God I think your good, there are alot of bad churches out there too so I stay away from some if I join a church I make sure its eveything I'm looking for. you'll be fine and your chi;dren will be fine.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you do not need to go to church to believe in God and to pray...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• They will live or do it when they are living on there own as an adult
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have my 1st 3 baptized but my son is not because i cannot find anyone good enough to be Godparents
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am not sure what you mean. if they didn't get baptized.... it depends on your religion and what or if you believe in baptism.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Do you believe in baptism? You don't have to go to church to believe in God, organized religion isn't for everyone. I am curious as to why baptizing your children would be an issue if you don't belong to a church? Were you baptized?
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010