Decided to go back to school......

I decided I want to go back to school, but I'm not sure about what I want to do. I have a hearing impairment. What do you think would be the best thing to do considering my limitations?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in

• That's wonderful! I think you are ONLY limited by what you choose to be limited by. Have you taken any career path quizzes? Try those and see if you can get an idea of basic study that you would love. My personal philosophy is that you cannot help but succeed at what you love to do! Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How bad is it?
    Your professor/instructor will accommodate you, most likely insure that you have a seat in the front row.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Most excellent on returning to school - check with your school counselor for possibilities.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Teacher should accommodate you
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree with PP
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Many situations will accomodate you. Even so, look for something you enjoy. Do you like math? Accounting may be good for you. Maybe you enjoy writing, or computers.

If your hearing limitations bother you, find a job that you could do without worying about your hearing. Avoid phone-based jobs, or places with high background noise, like amusement parks, movie theaters and the like.

Good luck!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• let the school know so they can help you
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010