Is there one thing you want to change?

When I was younger I told myself that there was one thing I wanted to different than my mother did me. I got pregnant at 19 and my mother and sister were trying to get me to have an abortion. I couldn't go through with it, and I'm glad I didn't. I promised myself if I ever had a daughter that I would never put her in that position.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I promised myself that I would never make a promise that I didnt keep! My mother did that all the time! Im still waiting for my promise to go to disney land! Also... my mother told us to lie about her not being home when bill collectors called or we would hide things from my father when he didnt approve... I WILL NOT ACCEPT that in my house! Lying is unacceptable and hiding things from others is too!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Actually- I hope to do things the same as my parents did. I'm not doing such a great job of that yet, but working toward it. My parents never fought in front of me, they never spoke badly about each other. They raised us to be honest, caring adults. I like to think they did a pretty good job with me. I was pregnant at 17. My mom and grandma took care of my oldest during the day so I could go to school and work. My dad would get up with her in the middle of the night so I could get enough sleep to focus in school. They may not have agreed with everything I did, but they still supported me 110% and always let me know they were proud of me. I graduated high school without missing one day of senior year (I had my daughter over Christmas break and went back the same day everyone else did) and with a 4.0 GPA. I know I couldn't have done it without them, and hope I will always be that supportive of my kids.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i like this Question ;) thnx ame
    well i wanna be a mom and this change will bring lots of changes with lolll i think ... been singel till 30 years old thinking only abt career is nice but now im married i wanna have a BABY ( bit afraid but ..) hope that baby will bring lots of good changes in my life

hugs
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010