I think my wisdom teeth are coming in...it hurrrrrts!

I'm in my almost mid 20's...lol...and my tooth starting hurting in the back...at first i thought cavity, but i swear i just had it filled...i went to brush my teeth to make myself feel better about it lol, even if it was painful, and i happened to look, it looks as if there is a tooth trying to grow behind the last one in the back...i'm not sure though. has this happened to any of you? i don't wanna go to the dentist...i hate the dentist :(

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• Seriously this is a moms site.... not a poor me site...
    Niltiak

Answer by Niltiak at 1:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You need to go to the dentist. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do for our own good. If the wisdom teeth start coming in crooked and you need to have the tooth removed and you wait too long, you could ruin the teeth you already have. Do not wait. Go to the dentist and get x-rays. When you had x-rays done last, were the wisdom teeth showing? Did the dentist mention anything about them?

In the meantime, use anbesol for the pain. That and ibuprofen were the only things that helped when mine were causing me issues and I was waiting for my surgery date to get mine taken out. I hope it helps and again, get to the dentist ASAP. Fear of a dentist/doctor is never a good reason to not take care of yourself. Your family needs you and we need to set good examples as parents. Good luck mama!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I had them cleaned and some cavities filled last year, the dentist asked me if they had come in, or if i'd had any pain...and i hadn't. he left it at that. no other questions or inquiries...i hadn't even thought of it until it started hurting today
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Mine started to cause me problems when I was around 24, I believe. I went to my dentist, he made the appointment with the surgeon that day and about a week later, I had the two wisdom teeth removed. You definitely do not want to push it off, mine were growing in crooked and were causing lots of pressure for me, and it seemed to start overnight. If I had waited longer, my dentist said that I would have ruined all the work my braces had done years before. And you might be lucky, your dentist may say that your wisdom teeth are growing in perfectly straight and they can leave them in, but you want to get that confirmation for sure. I hope that helps!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I had my wisdom teeth pulled, two were growing side ways into the other molars, I would go in an get it checked out. You don't want infections or abcesses. Buck up and get it checked out. There are alot of things in life that aren't fun. If you do have to get them pulled, you can be completely out for it :-)
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 2:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010