At what age did you potty train....

AND WHY????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• She's 2yrs, 4 months when we started, 9 weeks later she's had one accident while she was sleepy in the first week, and one hwen she was really, really excited the second. Dry all night too.

We waited until she wanted to, until she was interested and comfortable.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I potty trained my daughter when she was almost 3 yrs old! We did it cause I was pregnant with child #2 and I didnt want two kids in diapers! Plus I was pregnant and going to the bathroom every 20 minutes anyways so I took my daughter along and we sat on the potty together! :)
    My son he was potty trained when he turned 3... he saw his older sister go off to school and wanted to go... I told him the truth... you cant go to school unless you go potty in the toilet... two days later he was potty trained and ready for school! LOL I was thinking it would take longer than that! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• 2.5 because he showed all the readiness signs. It took 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:14 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I guess I start around 18 months, and we finish around 2? Why? Why not? I'm going to change diapers anyway, so I just take a step further and introduce the potty and encourage the pee and poop to go there. There's no pressure to perform, they're young enough that I wouldn't get frustrated with accidents, and it works.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• 2.5 y, 16 m, 3 y, 18 m (currently PT'ing) this is when I felt the kids were ready to be potty trained. It didn't take long and my 18 m/o is catching on quick!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• 3 years and 2 months. My son decided and had it down pat in 2 weeks. I let him decid b/c all of my previous attempts ended in frustration and crying.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We started PTing my oldest at 15 months because of pressure from family... He wasn't ready and it didn't take.
    He was PTed at around 3.
    With our second we didn't even try til he was 2 1/2 - he was ready, and it took days.

With number 3, we will wait til she shows us that she is ready.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My odd was potty trained by the time she was 3. However my ydd is giving me a hard time and she is almost 3 1/2. To top it off Im currently pregnant with our third.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010