how do i get over the anger of my breakup? i am tired of being angry.

my bf and i broke up a little over a month ago (he cheated) and i am still as angry as the day i found out. i am tired of feeling angry . its taken a toll on me headaches,depression,body aches, my blood pressure is sky high, etc . right now we still live together because of economic reasons so it makes the situation 100 times harder than it already is. how did u ladies cope and get over your anger from past breakups? any advice/ suggestions would help. i need some coping skills to get through this mess until i save up enough and get my own place

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• honestly, I think it'll continue to be hard until you get away from him. him living there makes everything much worse especially because you were in a relationship even moved in together, I'm sure that when he leaves you must wonder where hes going, who he's with and things like that and honestly I don't think its gonna get better until you completely separate yourself from him. In the meantime I'd say just do you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Move out, that's how you get over it.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You are in a most difficult situation! Seeing him so much doesn't allow you to move on.

I know this might sound strange but my friend went to an anger management class and one technique she used was hitting a tennis racket against a bed to relieve anger. I didn't have a tennis racket when I needed some release once so I took a solid piece of wood and a hammer and started hitting the wood. I felt foolish at first but then something "clicked" and I beat the crap out of that wood. It was such a wonderful realease of tension and anger. I have done it several times since. Just one idea. But I feel you need to do your best to try to find a way to move out. good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am going through a similar situation and I know how you feel. I would up telling my SO of 12 yrs last week to leave. I'm not completely sure if he cheated but there were definitely signs. In addition we had a lot of communication issues. What hurts the most right before we got into this horrible fight we decided that I would go part time so that I can finish school faster. He held things so much that he finally burst. I too am angry, hurt. In addition my daughters have been taking this hard. I just learned that my 16 yr old daughter is has a eating disorder. But I took her to the doctor and we are addressing it. My kids are my life and strength. I am looking for a part time job right now so that I can cover the bills plus his child support. But both of you being in the same house is not a good idea for you or him. I still love him but believe now that this happened for a reason me to gain my independence. (((hugs)))
    jenlesly

Answer by jenlesly at 8:52 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What you can do is go to the gym work out your frustrations it really does wonders. Take it a day at a time pray or meditate do something thing that can provide relaxation. Talk about your feeling with people close to you it helps. Believe I know how you feel. If you want email me: jenlesly@gmail.com.
    jenlesly

Answer by jenlesly at 8:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It would probably be best to go stay with someone or go to a shelter cuz you seeing him everyday is gonna make you madder and madder.I left cuz i knew him disrespecting me,talking to another female on the phone and going out all night would make me hurt somebody and I did not want to go to jail. I left, he called me, took me and my son out,every weekend,treated us like we were suppose to be treated and 2months later we came back and that was two years ago and it's been better every since. Sometimes it takes leaving to make things better,believe me.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2010