Where to put this tattoo?

I am thinking of getting a tattoo that says Vermilion Girl. Little history: When I was 14 I met my BF. I was the first person that he ever told he loved and he asked me out. I told him no by grabbing my ex by the back of the head and making out with him. Bad I know, but I was a bitch lol. Well he told me that one day I would be his girl and now 7 years later, a abusive marriage, and having two kids we are together. Back when he was trying as hard as he could to get me to go out with him, he used my favorite Slipknot song to describe how he felt. The song is Vermilion (he used both part one and two). He asked me once if he carved his name in his face (like on the song) if it would make me realize his love for me. Well, after that he always called me his vermilion girl, and now that we are together and its my favorite song by my favorite band, I want to get it tattooed on me, with the Slipknot "S" by it. Where should I put it?

MoM.i.aM

Asked by MoM.i.aM at 1:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• BF said either my foot or on my collar bones where one side would say Vermilion and the other Girl....
    MoM.i.aM

Comment by MoM.i.aM (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• foot!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Upper back, shoulder area :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:50 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How about the back of your neck or across your shoulder blades?
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I dont want it too big lol....shoulder blades sound too big...
    MoM.i.aM

Comment by MoM.i.aM (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• um....eeewe. That's not exactly what I would consider a romantic story. Though I'm put off by tattoos at the moment because my friends' boyfriends ex wife got her kids' names tattooed on her breast prior to divorce court because she wanted to show the judge what a good mom she was. Tattoos are crap and that's not exactly a great story to go along with it.....
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Karilyn84: Actually to me it is, because it signifies the fact that he still feels the same way for me after 7 years and that I have come through so much and finally gotten to a good point in my life. You would have to be us to understand.
    MoM.i.aM

Comment by MoM.i.aM (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• at an angel across your ribcage
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i would do my foot b/c i like to have all of my tattoos in places that are easy to cover if needed....
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• While I understand the meaning behind your wanting this tattoo...just be sure it is something you want regardles of where life takes you. I know we do not enter relationships with the mentality of what if we break up...but I was married for 15 yrs with 3 kids and still wound up divorced. As long as you would want this tattoo no matter if he were in the picture or not then go for it...just think long and hard before you do it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2010