Have you turned into your mother??

I remember reading a book and the main character was completely freaked out that she had "turned into" her mother. I've personally gone out of my way to ensure that I won't turn into my mother (she's not a bad mom, she just has completely different ideals and views from me), but I'm curious if any of you moms have realized that you're just like your mothers, at what moment you realized, and what your reaction was.

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope! I didn't follow the path of my mother, not that she was horrible or anything..just that we have different views and ideals..etc.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Hell No!! My mother was a pot head and a meth head and I thank the lord I didn't follow her path.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 1:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• LOL.... I love my mother to pieces... HOWEVER every day I try to avoid "turning into my mother!" LOL She too has different views and opinions than I do! She parents different... she is SUPER DUPER girlie... she is a pack rat.... LOL.... and she doesnt really care about her relationship with my father (at least thats what it seems like sometimes) Im all about my relationship and bettering it... we are just different!!! I think that we have completely different lives and different values and different goals therefore I would never TURN INTO MY MOTHER! I hope I wouldnt at least! LOL When you go to her house, she has 5 bedrooms... 4 of them are FULL of stuff.... PACK RAT!!! LOL I clean my storage at least 3 times a year, just to avoid becoming a pack rat! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The first time I caught myself saying a phrase that my Mom used to say, I was utterly and completely horrified. I vowed NEVER again! I make a point NOT to be like my Mom. I won't say she's a bad Mom, she just has a victim mentality that annoys me.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Turned into her no...but I channel her from time to time, when I hear myself saying things like, don't make me come up there...or I will pull this van over right now lol. My mom is awesome, and I do try hard to keep the wonderful things she did for me going with my own children.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• In alot of ways yes. And I am proud of that. There are a few things she did that I dont want to do, but nothing major.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes and i am very proud of that fact!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm glad you didn't let your upbringing influence your adult life, zakityzak!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Comment by SarahLeeMorgan (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2010