Are you ever depressed? What do you do to get over it?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 1:52 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• I work out!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was just talking with hubby about this an hour ago! I do self talk and remembering why I do what I do everyday! (3kids, 4, 2, 1, stay at home, work at home, husband been on disability for 7 mo now, big reasons to be down!) Self talk and prayer, if I didnt have God to remind me how important I am I probably would forget and chuck it all!! Move your body and be positive, sounds cliche but it works for me.
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 3:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Dear

every one could be depressed once ;) well when it's happen to me i just drink a herbal tea mad of menth .. only menth .. i put it in a big cup and add soem hot water in .. without suggar dear its better .. i feel better after ... when u feel dwn just avoid 'chimicals' seals drugs dear .. and talk about what makes u feel this way ...

hugs
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I cry a lot and it helps. Then I try to make plans of any kind to get out of the house. I also try to see the friends and relatives I really enjoy being with. Having something to look forward to helps me a lot. Last year was the worst with many things going wrong for our family. I did sit in the house for days and not go out, but I had 2 friends who called me often and they listened and talked to me. That was invaluable. I hope if you are depressed you have someone to talk to. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was depressed for a long time after my husband and I split. I learned to deal with my sadness by finally getting out of bed and moving on. I learned that exercise and therapy was the best thing for me. I think everyone is different but if you're struggling with long term sadness it doesn't hurt to talk to someone. I used an online counseling website in which I scheduled video chats for later in the evening when my boys were in bed. You pay by the minute and I really felt comfortable with the woman that I spoke with. I still try to meet with her via video chat once a week just to keep all my emotions in check. Its copetoday.com for any of you that were curious!
    MotivatingMama

Answer by MotivatingMama at 3:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010