holiday treats

What are some of your favorite holiday treats??
I'm hosting Thanksgiving AND Christmas this year, and in need of ideas!!!!

Any suggestions?
its early I know, but i'm a planner, and I want to try them out once to make sure I can make it lol

AliciaO

Asked by AliciaO at 9:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• i love a pumpkin roll at thanksgiving. it's a pumpkin cake recipe, rolled up with cream cheese frosting inside... sooo delish!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Of course pies, especially pecan! Cookies, homemade Rice Krispies treats with Christmas sprinkles, and a holiday wouldn't be a holiday in my house without Jell-O or my dad's fruit punch!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 9:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• when my mother would make pies she would take the extra sough roll it out coat it with melted butter put cinnamon and sugar in it and roll it up and back it oh it was so good and chocolat pie
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Sausage balls....dough mixed up with sausage and cheese and baked. Yumm
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• This is the pie I like to make for Thanksgiving: http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/2008/09/first-taste-of-autumn.html

The flavors and the colors perfectly compliment the holiday!

I also like making cookies and candies at Christmas, plus a Buche de Noel, of course! It's easier than most people think, and so pretty before you eat it! lol

I'll be posting holiday recipes on my blog soon after Halloween, so if you need any, you can certainly check back with me :) I'm always happy to share!

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• one of my favorites has always been "christmas wreaths" theyre like rice krispy squares, but you use corn flakes instead and make them into shapes of wreathes, and then on top you put those maracino (lol..sorry dont know how to spell it) cherries on them (they come in green and red) and also sprinkle some slivered almonds on top..theyre fun, and i love makin them with my daughter..if ya want the recipe, let me know..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You should go online & check out food network! I always go online to look for something new for the holidays. Check & see what Paula Dean is making, She's always making something that looks yummy!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 3:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Here is a website to check out just for Christmas. It has lots of neat little recipes..

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/rec0249.html
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008