Best brand of Shampoo?

I am trying to figure out the best brand of shampoo/conditioner to use. I have thick, wavy, more coarse than fine hair with dry end and oily roots...I have the worst combination possible I think, lol. It's also color treated...any suggestions?

kamsmommy17

Asked by kamsmommy17 at 2:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• try a balancing shampoo. Apply shampoo strictly to roots (the rest will wash down and clean away any excess dirt around ends). Twice if necessary. Apply a good protein conditioner to the ends only..

Get a hair treatment done weekly. keep it trimmed ever 4-6 weeks. This should help.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• pureology, salons only! no frizz and keeps your color from washing away. they have a whole line of products. love it!!!
    Jennifer A.

Answer by Jennifer A. at 2:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• there are several options for you, in and out of salons. you need to look for a sulfate-free (sulfate's will strip your color and the vibancy will dissipate-your color will look lifeless, and matte, and worse, lighter than you intended or an off-tone) shampoo that is also conditioning/moisturizing. you many find it helpful to use a leave-in rehydrating spray throughout your hair (not the roots) on a daily basis. you need to deep-condition a few times a week..only on your shaft/ends; your scalp/roots needs none! also, getting regular trims will help the ends lay better and not frizz as much, and make the wave prettier. or, if you straighten your hair, it will not look so dry and 'unfinished' with clean ends.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:04 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I use pantene.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010