Cramps/pain in lower back

I'm 7 months pregnant and am having lots of pain in my lower back, at the end of my spine. At some points I can't move. And in my lower stomach I have major cramping. Braxton Hicks?
When sitting for more then 5 minutes I get a sharp pain down below when I go to stand.
Tylenol doesn't seem to help. And when I go to my doctor he just says it's normal.

Asked by starbucks_mama at 8:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your baby is getting heavy & is putting lots of pressure on your nerves, bones, organs... it's normal to have lots of pain. You could also be having BH... they usually don't hurt, but can be very tight, especially when going from sitting to standing. Try stretching & get some mild exercise (walking or swimming) to help loosen up your body. You could also do some yoga poses to help relieve the pressure the baby is putting on you.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have had similar probs in the past with my previous pregnancies and found that it cann be caused by the baby being pressed against the nerves in your lower back. When you start having this prob just rub on the baby and s/he will probably move around and offer relief. Hope it helps. Also try keigel excersises, that may help with the lowest pain of all.

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I had the same thing with all of my pregnancies (sp?) All of my dr's gave differnt answers as to why. My last dr (whom I LOVE) gave me the advice of pre-natal massage, hot baths, sleeping w/ a pillow between my knees,making sure I had good posture all the time, a chiropractor, and when needed pain meds. I would ask about any/ all of these things you are willing to try. For me all helped some. My dr. ended up giving me Vicodin and it helped a ton. I only took it when I was REAL bad but boy what a diffenrnce! My DD turned out just fine! Hope that helps if you have any questions on what I did feel free to PM me!

Answer by PennyMom at 8:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• try changing positions or rubbing your belly,hope all works out and good luck and god bless!!

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 9:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• the baby is putting pressure on nerves in your spinal column...i found that kinda massaging the baby around until he moved helped him get off touchy areas

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I used to get it all the time and I used an excersise ball and put my back against it and rolled back and forth, this significantly helped my back, I would also put my arms on the ball and lean back and forth on the ball and stretched forward. There are good exercises online also.

Answer by jaevenmomma at 11:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008