Ovary Cysts- is it possible to avoid/cure them w/o surgery? How to cope with pain?

I had a cyst->tumor a year back on my r. ovary that had to be removed. Now the doctor found a small one on my l. ovary. The pain is getting pretty bad, is there a way to fix this without surgery? Also, are some people just inclined to get cysts? Two cysts in two years seems excessive..

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 3:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• I have had NINE ovarian cysts in the 2 years since I got an IUD put in. We have no idea why they are happening, how to make them stop, or whether I will be able to get pregnant again.

You should start getting informed on this. Do a LOT of research, talk to doctors.

As far as pain, I haven't found anything that helps. I have tried Percocet, Advil, Aspirin, Tylenol, Vicoden, Lortab, and even smoking pot (something I am TOTALLY against) for the pain, and nothing has worked. You can try taking warm baths or putting a heating pad there.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i would also look into your birthcontrol many increase the risk of cysts
    Stephanie808

Answer by Stephanie808 at 4:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) I have several cysts all the time. I had 3 removed & 2 weeks later I had 2 more.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2010