Should I tell my mother?

I just found a text on my father's phone that he was about to send before he went out, it said something upon the lines of: "hello darling haven't seen you in ages :( love u xoxoxo" etcetera to another woman. My mother has been panicking for months that he's having an affair but if she found out they couldn't afford to keep the house, my younger brother and sisters wouldn't be able to stay at the same school etc. What would you do? By the way my mother is a very bury her head in the sand type person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Well sweetie, I've got to tell you, 9 times out of 10 your mother ALREADY knows! If she's the bury her head in the sand type as you say, (and if YOU found a text in his phone) then she's undoubtedly seen SOME form of evidence by now and chose to dismiss is. Maybe because it wasn't solid proof. Hey, from what you said, it could have been his sister or a long lost cousin. Men are skillful when it comes to their cover-ups. But if YOU think your mom is truly clueless, TELL HER IMMEDIATELY! On the other hand, if you have a hankering that she might already be aware of what's going on and is just quietly being grateful that it's not in her face, the don't burst her bubble. See, if someone else knows, then she'll have no choice but to not only admit it to herself, but to address it in order to save face. That's when it get's ugly. Right now, ignorance may be bliss for her. You know you're mom right? Then do what your heart tells you.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would tell her if it were me, but you have to make this decision on your own.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• confront your father about it before you go to your mother. i did that with my dad, and they are working things out. there might be some underlying factors behind what is going on in your dad's life. my dad suffered from severe depression, and he was just trying to figure out how to make himself happy.
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would tell also, especially if directly asked about it because I am unable to lie. But since I don't what the "etcetera" was, I don't know if I would volunteer the info. I am bisexual myself and am completely and totally committed to my SO, but loving a female IS NOT cheating if u are bisexual! Notice I said "is not" and not IMO is not, because it's fact not opinion! With that said though, at least for me there is a difference between saying or typing "I love you" and "I love ya" or "Luv ya". I have and would say or type those to friends whom I felt that way about but would only say or type "I LOVE YOU" to my male or female SO. But this is just me and I usually unlike the norm.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• don't know what
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am usually
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would have a talk with your dad.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2010