should I?

I'm having a scheduled c-section on Wednesday and with that I'm getting my tubes tied, I've had doubts about it because I'm not sure that I want to get my tubes tied but I'm positive I don't want to have any more children. I've gone back and forth on the though about it. I was talking to my husband about it and every time someone says that its easier for a man to get a vasectomy he just says,"I'm cool, I'll pass." but he's ok with me getting my tubes tied he just doesn't want to go through the procedure himself. Every time I ask him about it he says he doesn't want to get it done and that he's done with the conversation and doesn't wanna talk about it anymore. So now, I'm questioning whether I want to get my tubes tied or not, I know I don't want to have kids I just don't know if I want to get my tubes tied and if I want to be the only one getting this procedure, I guess it doesn't seem fair. So what should I do?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• I'd make him get a vasectomy. It's a minor procedure versus for men a big ordeal for the woman.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:34 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I heard, but I can't MAKE him do that, he's not making me get my tubes tied, he's going along with it and our marriage isn't quite like that, I can't make him do things, just like he can't make me do things either.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well I wasn't mean force feed him sleeping meds until he's at the doctor under the knife. You took it a bit literal.

The point is, it's really rude for him to leave you solely responsible with this. It's both of your responsibilities to take care of what needs to get taken care of. If you're completely done with reproducing, it's very selfish of him (as long as he agrees) to make you go through a procedure as brutal as a hysterectomy when two snips later the problem could be solved.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yeah, I agree and thats how I feel, I feel like the responsibility is put on me. which is why I'm not sooo sure that I wanna get my tubes tied anymore.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 3:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well, I would not. But that is me. And yeah, I didn't mean to type hysterectomy.

It's just... that is a major step versus a minor one. But if I were you, I wouldn't do it. That's just IMO though.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• thank you, and honestly its the same thing I'm thinking. If anything I want us to be and do this together not just me by myself. I guess I'll have to find another form of birth control.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 4:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Take him out of the equation for a minute and think of only you. Do you want more children? Have your tubes tied if you know that you do not want more children. It is about your body and what you want. If there is the slightest possibility that you want more then do not have it. I based having my tubes tied on the fact that I had the number of children I wanted. My husband agreed but it was my decision based on what I wanted. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yeah make him get a Visetomy
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you are having a c-section anyway, won't they just do the procedure during the surgery? That's how mine was done. Are you worried about the procedure? Or is there another reason you don't want your tubes tied?
    I don't understand why you would make him go have a procedure when you are already scheduled for a c-section.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2010