When will the breakdown come? Will it come?

The psychologist thinks I'm hiding my real feelings. He won't believe me, that I don't have right now, what he thinks I should feel.
I'm in hospital right now after an accident in which I lost my right foot and lower leg partly. I'm a single mom, a widdow since 5 month. No family around, luckily my 4 years old daughter can stay at a friend's. It's been quiet a lot lately. Now that I'm here I just told myself to be strong, deal with it and get back on my feet ... foot.Listen to the doctor & physicaltherapist,be there for my child. I work hard to get uot of this bed soon, then out of the wheelchair. That's the planning. I haven't cried yet, don't feel like it. It's just the way it is and I have to get back on track. I am kind of sad, of course, but it was an accident and thay couldn'd save that limp. Iam concerned though if I could get a sort of breakdown later & when? Could it, wil it happen? THAT's scary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Everyone is different maybe you are just an exceptionally strong person. You know yourself best, you've been through a lot and know how you've handled other trauma. I wish you well and hope you have a speedy recovery.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If or when it happens then either way it means progress right? I mean if that is a step that you need to go thru to get to a better place of healing then good. Also, when you do feel like crying or you feel down, that is normal let it come when ever it is that it comes. Yes keep your head up but also give your self a chance to greive what you have experienced. Sounds like you are being tough thru this process, sounds like your gonna be fine.
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 3:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• the time will come when you least expect don't rush anything just get better for your dd. ptsd is a long process that never truly goes away
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You are a very strong person it seems like, and you have the right mind set, you know what you have to do, and are determined...you might not have a break down..
    I wish you well and hope you recover quickly
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You may not have a breakdown. You may be the type of person who can deal with tragedy. It seems like you have some humor left, when you were talking about getting back on your foot. I think you are a strong person who is trying to get back to her life and daughter. You may have a breakdown later on, but not everyone does. Not everyone has to have one and for a therapist not to know this makes him/her an idiot. I would question his ability. I will tell you that I am weak, and if I were in your situation, I might want to give up. Maybe that is what he is looking for. Do what you are doing. Keep the humor in your life, and remember your dd is waiting for you. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you may or may not have a breakdown. and whos to say if you do if its going to be big or small. Just take things as they come talk to a friend or some1 @ cafe mom if you feel like you're going to have a breakdown just keep your head up and stay strong! cry if you think it'll help. take care and i wish you well and a fast recovery! If you ever need to talk just let me know!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 11:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2010