pagan sisters can you help me find spiritual/pagan/wiccan wedding vows

i'm trying to put together wedding vows but google hasn't helped me. even the supposed pagan vows mention God and i don't want that. I want our wedding to be about our energies becoming one. please help me find some great vows, even if you write them yourself. thanks :)

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 4:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Why not take vows you like and re-write them to take the god/goddess stuff out and put in exactly what you want??

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• why don't you come up with your own vows... Including the Goddess....and the energies of the Universe.......
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 12:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What about these?
    "______, will you take ______ to be your wife/husband? Do you commit yourself to her/his happiness and self-fulfillment as a person? Do you promise to love, honor, and trust her/him in sickness and in health, in adversity and prosperity, and to be true and loyal to her/him so long as you both shall live?"

"______, I promise to be faithful, supportive, and loyal and to give you my companionship and love throughout all the changes of our life. I vow to bring you happiness, and I will treasure you as my companion. I will celebrate the joys of life with you. I promise to support your dreams, and walk beside you offering courage and strength through all endeavors. From this day forward, I will be proud to be your wife/husband and your best friend."
    More:
    http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-ceremony/articles/nondenominational-wedding-vows.aspx?MsdVisit=1
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• This is from a great site full of ideas... Hopefully it helps you!

http://www.handfasting.info/h_our.html#ourvows

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• By the Earth I pledge my Body to you, and promise my fidelity, etc....
    By the Air I pledge my Mind to you...etc...
    By the Fire I pledge my Spirit to you...etc...
    By the Water I pledge my Heart to you...etc...

And go from there.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Lots of good answers. Let us know what you find.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i really like the idea by Mamak88. though i think i'll change spirit to energy but i'm definitely using that. i still have to put everything together. i'd love to find a wiccan wedding dress too, something black or green
    aliishott2

Comment by aliishott2 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010