Is it ok

for my husband to withdraw any amount from my account without telling me before or after.Both of us are earning and I was shocked to find that there is no money in my bank account.We seem a little short of money.My ATM is with him,I myself gave it to him,but he creates so much of fuss whenever I ask him for money.And now this.what to do.If I say anything to him he gets upset,this I don't like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry but you need to talk with him about it again. It is not fair and he needs to understand that.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If its a joint account yes he can do that or if you gave him your ATM and pin number yes.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Unfortunately if it is a joint account, or if you gave him the card and number he can do this. The only way to prevent him from taking your money without your consent would be to open up your own account and do NOT put his name on it, or give him access to it. I would also suggest you talk to him and tell him how you feel about this as it is not fair to you that he does this-- especially if he does not share any of his money with you when you ask him for some.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If this was your own person account..why would you give him acess to it? If you dont like it. Take the card back and change the pin. Never put his name on another account!!! this will continue to happen.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 10:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I understand giving him access to the account, but if he is not putting any money in it, then I do see a problem with it, especially if he is draining the account. I would want to know why he takes the money and what he is uses it for, especially if he makes money too. Talk to him about it, if he gets upset, cancel the card. You can get another one or just not get one at all. This will continue to happen if you give him access. Sorry.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you talk to him and he does it again just change your pin #, keep seperate accounts. i've seen plenty of relationships that seem to have less stress by having their own bank accounts!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 11:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would start my own account without his name on it. My husband is also irresponsible with money and is not on the account that I have my paycheck deposited into.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010