Have you ever come close to death and only realized later that you lucked out?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 6:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• yes...multiple times...all in the car...very scary
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:52 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am only here by the grace of God. my stupid choices should have had me dead a few teims now. but somehow i always survived the close calls
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, about 4 years ago I was in excruciating pain and was vomiting blood. I was rushed to the hospital, I had an incarcerated hernia, my upper intestines had slipped through a ventral hernia that I didn't even know I had. They apparently got twisted up and they said I was about 15 minutes away from death. They had to do emergency surgery to repair it. Then about a week later I was home recovering and my friend stopped by to visit. I had a blue tint to my skin and I was breathing shallow. She called my father who called 911 and met me at the hospital. My lungs had partially collapsed because I was laying down for so long and I wasn't using the incentive spirometer to exercise my lungs. I was only 31 when all of this happened!

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• really only once..i had a seizure in the bathtub and nearly drowned..my sister came home and heard me..pulled me out and called the EMT. I was lucky she came home or i'm pretty sure i wouldnt be here.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• too many times to count. makes me very thankful for life after i realize it too....

My ex was very abusive...there were countless times when I was with him, I'd end up in the hospital and not wake up and realize where I was until a couple of days later.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 8:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No but maybe I am lucky
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010